Sunday 1 November 2009

What a find!


Meat Magazine- Issue 8

I recently went into Borders to purchase my monthly edition of Creative Review, when I spotted this beautiful, understated magazine. Meat Magazine is filled with gorgeous black and white illustrations: each article is introduced with a bold header in Impact TT. This magazine is stripped bare: it embraces do it yourself, 'bedroom publishing' techniques. I absolutely love the 'Contributors' page. The illustrator David Sparshott has captured the personality of each of the individuals- we see through the eyes of David. When I first saw this page, I was instantly reminded of my primary school: when the whole year would each draw an illustration of themselves and these would be positioned together on a tea towel! The results would be charming, unique and cherished forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment