Sunday 31 January 2010

A must-see!

I went to see 'Up in the Air' last night. It completely surprised me. I sat there for the first half wondering why I hadn't chosen to see 'It's Complicated' or even 'Did you hear about the Morgans'-something that would be a guaranteed feel-good. But then I suddenly got what the film was all about: its essence, its point. I've always said if a film has the ability to move me: to make me cry, and really pull on my heartstrings, then it's something special. Well, Up in the Air did make me shed a tear, or three. I really recommend it- but you have to stick with it. I can't stop playing a song from the soundtrack- 'Help Yourself' by Sad Brad Smith. George Clooney's character goes on a journey of self-realization. It's a really poignant film, and leaves you thinking about your life and what's really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment