Tuesday 23 February 2010

How It Is


I spent Valentines weekend in London and took full opportunity to take in a couple of galleries. The Tate Modern is somewhere I love to go because the work it contains is challenging and controversial. In the Turbine Hall lies Miroslaw Balka's installation. You are confronted with a huge monstrosity. Hand in hand, I walked with my boyfriend under the container. Up the ramp we went and then we were faced with darkness and an onslaught of visitors coming our way. It really was a rather frightening experience, but a very clever concept.

"Underlying this chamber is a number of allusions to recent Polish history – the ramp at the entrance to the Ghetto in Warsaw, or the trucks which took Jews away to the camps of Treblinka or Auschwitz"- Worth a visit, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment